Our Annual Installation Banquet was held January 27, 2017 at Minerva's in Yankton and had just over 80 people in attendance!
The evening started with a Social @ 6:00pm, the Meal @ 7:00pm and then our program. Music during our evening was provided by the Finck Family Trio.
To start the program, Lee Rettig, 2016's Lewis & Clark Home Builders Association' President, talked about what we had accomplished in the past year and how our membership was growing. He talked about the fact that we are trying to partner more with other non-profits in the community such as Habitat & United Way, along with the Legislative issues that HBA encounters during the year.
He encouraged all members to get involved and Thanked our Sponsors for the Banquet:
- Larry's Heating & Cooling/Slumberland
- Only Homes
We then had our Awards Ceremony for members services during the 2016 year. Gloria Bohn, 2017's Lewis & Clark HBA's President awarded Lee Rettig his award for serving as President for the year 2016, and Joe Morrow, Chair of the Awards Committee, awarded the rest:
- Builder of the Year: Jason Finck, K Construction
- Associate of the Year: Steve Bogatz, Bogatz Water Conditioning
- President's Award: Trisha Ryken, Heartland Internet Solutions
After that, Lynn Mennis, SDHBA President, installed our 2017 Officers and Board Members.
- President: Gloria Bohn, First Dakota Bank
- Vice President: Jason Finck, K Construction
- 2nd Vice President: Steve Bogatz, Bogatz Water Conditioning
- Secretary: Norene Gibson, Only Homes
- Treasurer: Trisha Ryken, Heartland Internet Solutions
Local Board Members:
- Jamie Hejna, Larry's Heating & Cooling/Slumberland
- Marlin LaCroix, LaCroix Construction
- Tim Salvatori, Mead Lumber
- Curt Wieman, Only Homes
- Tom Larrington, Alternate, Weather Guard Urethane
- Joe Morrow, Alternate, City of Yankton
At the end of the program we had a Member Drawing in which 6 Gift Certificates were given away to Members that were in attendance.
During this year's Annual Banquet we held a Auction & Raffle Benefit for Dave Naslund, 2009 L&C HBA's President. As many have heard Dave is battling Cancer and the Home Builders Association wanted to do something that would help them out.
Many area businesses donated prizes, which were then auctioned or raffled off. Overall, the Benefit raised $5764 for the Naslund family. Thank you to the members for their generosity!
Make sure you watch for next year's banquet!